Saturday, October 18, 2014

How to be Pretty on a Budget

Clothes, makeup etc. can be a very expensive business, but these following places to do shopping, might make it a little bit cheaper for you to stay cute without having a ton of money to spend!


When I first heard of eBay, I thought it was only private auctions. Since then, I have discovered the Chinese wholesale sellers and I buy most of my jewellery on there

Best for: Jewellery, makeup brushes, accessories

Pros:

  • Cheap as frag! You can find 1 dollar necklaces og 2 dollar brushes in amazing quality
  • Good quality for the price
  • You can find literally everything from necklaces to hairpins to cute makeup bags

Cons:

  • There's also European shops - with European prices! Those can be filtered out easily though
  • As with Alizexpress, the quality will sometimes be a bit disappointing, especially if you buy clothes or bags.

Some of my favorite items:

Velvet choker - 0,99$
Hair bows in various colors (I own all of them! The quality is rarwh!) - 0,99$
Doctor Who iPhone 4S cover - 1,68$






Best for: Bags, clothing

A site full of wholesale sellers. You can get the exact same items as sites like SheInside, Choies, Romwe etc. sells, but cheaper. You can read more here, as I have written an more in-depth post with tips and tricks for the magnificent world of AliExpress!

Pros:

  • Very unique designs
  • Often inspirered by european high-street brands
  • Usually same quality as H&M or Forever 21, but cheaper

Cons:

  • Shipping usually takes about a month
  • It is kind of hit or miss. I've had a couple of experiences with bad quality items.

Some of my favorite items:


beautynetkorea

Best for: Makeup, skincare, haircare

In the beautyworld, Korea is probably best known for being the motherland of BB and CC creams, but many Korean brands also produce high quality makeup and skincare - often in amazingly cute packaging! I am a very weak consumer when it comes to nice packaging :)

You can also purchase korean makeup from other online sites, but I have very good experiences with this specific seller, so it is what I recommend!

Some of the most popular brands are the following:

  • Etude House
  • Missha
  • Tony Moly
  • Skinfood
  • BBIA
  • Holika Holika

Pros:

  • Usually cute packaging
  • As good or better than european makeup brands, but cheaper!
  • BB creams, foundation etc. often comes in very light colours, so if you are fair skinned, you might want to look into it
  • Interesting and unique products, like the popular Snail Recovery Gel from Mizon 

Cons:

  • It's hard to figure out the ingredients
  • Sometimes the amount of product is way smaller than it looks like online





Best for: Clothing, shoes, bags, jewellery

Thrifting used to have a bad reputation, but in the last couple of years, it have changed completely! If you don't know what a thrift shop is, it is a store selling used clothes, bags etc. Most shops is run by charities. They are therefore also known as charity shops.

Pros:

  • You might find expensive brand pieces for a low price
  • Finding vintage pieces is not rare
  • Most thrift shops are cheaper than AliExpress
  • Eco friendly!

Cons:

  • You have to dig through a lot of garbage to find the gems
  • The items you end of buying is rarely what you actually need :P

No comments:

Post a Comment